YouthPort and our partner organizations work to provide programs and services to children and families, that help build a stronger community. Our programs provide:
- Shelter and safety
- Nutritious meals
- Academic support
- Social skill development
- Prenatal and parenting education and support
- Opportunities to boost parental engagement
- Mental health counseling
Neighborhood and Family Focused
YouthPort’s programs are created to meet specific neighborhood needs. They are designed by child development professionals to meet the needs of a diverse age range, and are centered around family involvement and education.
Specifically, our partner organizations provide:
- Boys & Girls Club of Cedar Rapids offers a secure setting for children before and after school. Programming includes health and life skills as well as recreation and fitness. Study time is also provided, which includes an organized tutoring program, and children are served a nutritious breakfast and dinner. Youth are transported to and from school by bus.
- YPN offers a prenatal and parenting group at Polk Alternative Education Center. The group meets each week and participants enjoy an evening meal. The network also holds quarterly family events such as the Fall Family Fun Fest. YPN also facilitates literacy programming year round for students and families.
- Tanager Place offers diagnosis, assessment, support and treatment for children struggling with emotional issues.
It’s YouthPort’s goal to build trust within neighborhoods and to provide safety and diverse skill-building experiences that empower families and strengthen communities. All three partners have missions that focus on children – enhancing our success.
Click here to download our most recent annual impact report: